Monday, December 14, 2015

Angie Bowie - Lipstick Legends reading September 2012

photo by Rebecca G. Wilson 2012


Angie and Rebecca G. Wilson - photo by Gus Bernadicou

This post originally appeared in 2012.

September has been a fabulous month for me.  My fashion blog debuted at LuvCatz and I got to meet one of my alltime favorite style idols Angie Bowie!  I love her books and her insights into the music business from her years with David Bowie, her fashion style, wit, eye for detail, humor . . . I could go on and on about what an inspiration she is as a woman who inspired so much cultural sensation in the 1970s and she continues to inspire with her timeless beauty and lust for life!

I still remember pictures of her in my older sister's Creem rock music magazines, Angie with shaved eyebrows and wildly shorn hair alongside David Bowie in a Zorro hat and pantaloons.  Angie was always experimental yet sleek.

Deborah AP hosted the fun cocktail party for the Lipstick Legends reading at the 111 Minna gallery in San Francisco.  Dominique Leslie, legendary singer from S.F. punk band Animal Things was there along with underground luminaries Joe Donohoe from Specious Species magazine and Punk Globe roving reporter Gus Bernadicou.  Highlights from Angie's great reading included stories about Alice Cooper and Jayne County.  Angie's glamourous long, cream colored sequin dress was from Sparkle Moore's vintage shop The Girl Can't Help It.

From Bowie's muse and copilot in his skyrocket to stardust to captivating author, the sky IS the limit.  Now everyone go out and buy her new book Lipstick Legends!

An autographed copy can be purchased from the following link -

http://www.angiebowie.net/Lipstick.Legends.Version.2.dwt

P.S. please check out my new fashion blog everyone!

 http://luvcatz.com/extras/2012-02-28-23-42-36/item/88-your-fashion-sweetspot.html

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this post, big fan. Keep up the good work andplease tell me when can you publish more articles or where can I read more on the subject?
    COOL GADGETS

    ReplyDelete